Sunday, July 3, 2011

Chapter 12-Bye Cathy

That night around 5pm, I was released from the hospital. Turns out I was in Hypoglycemic shock, in which I got antibiotics for the next couple of weeks and a scheduled appointment. My mom wanted me to rest right away so she got me a wheel chair and rolled me to the car. She handed my phone, in which Alex recovered after I left. I plugged it into the car charger and turned it on, to see that I have over 200 messages! I'm surprised my phone didn't break. All the messages were from family, friends, and random fans, telling me to get better,etc. Austin did it again. I know Austin wanted to see me tonight, but the doctor told me I had to rest, no matter what. I wanted to text him, but then I'd have to go through all the texts, so I just called him. "Hello?" He said picking up the phone. "Hey, about tonight, I can't hangout. The doctor told me I had to rest no matter what. I'm REALLY sorry." I said. "It's ok, just listen so you can get better. I don't want anything else happening to you, I love you and i'll talk to you later." "I love you too." I said, hanging up the phone. I felt weird. Not like a sick type of weird, but emotional weird. Whats going on? I brushed it off as I got home because I was too tired to concentrate. But as I walked in the door, I saw my whole family standing there. They looked happy for me to be home, but also looked major depressed. I assumed it was something I did, not thinking about anyone else...except when I didn't see one of my Aunts, Cathy...

"Where's Auntie Cathy...?" I asked weirily

"She's...not here... She's gone." My Aunt Lily said.

"What...?"

"She's died yesterday, while you were in the hospital...I'm sorry, I know you and her were really close."Uncle Rich said.

My jaw dropped, my heart sank, and my eyes closed. Gone. And I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to her. All because I had to be in the stupid hospital. Why'd I have to be in the hospital. It's all my fault. I sprinted up to my room, not caring if I needed rest or not. I reached my room, and slammed the door behind me, not even turning on the lights. Cathy was like my second mom, but still an aunt. She gave me everything, took me everywhere, and was ALWAYS there, not matter what. When my mom was working, I'd call her for what I needed so i didn't bother her. Now she's gone. And I feel selfish because how does my mom feel...? Or my other aunts and uncles? I missed her already. But, I have to go downstairs, sometime. But all I felt like doing was crying. Out of nowhere, I felt someone touch me. I screamed and ran to turn on the lights.... It was Austin...sitting on my bed, listening to me cry, waiting. I saw different things everywhere. Balloons, stuffed animals, cards, signs, all from everyone I loved. I wanted to feel happy, but I couldn't.

"You scared me...alot." I said still crying.

"I'm sorry, I told your mom I was gonna be here, and thinking they were gonna tell you the news later, I waited to surprise you with all these things...but then I heard you crying and I just wanted to hold you..." He said. I sat there, still crying.

"Allie, death is hard, so it's ok to be like this. I'm here for you, and I won't leave." He said, kissing my head. 

The rest of then night I sat there crying in Austin's arms. I felt over dramatic, but I was also crying about everything that has happened in my life. The memories all started to come back. Dad dying in a car crash, loosing my best friend, having a boyfriend stolen, being bullied, having to sit an watch my family die of sadness, being an over-thinker, and being self concious. I felt starting to feel selfish of crying again, but that was the "over-thinker" talking. I finally stopped as I fell asleep, still in Austins arms.

  I woke up, with sun shining bright in my face, with Austin still around me. He stayed he all night, aww. And my mom actually let him. He finally woke up by the sun too, and gave me a sweet kiss good morning. He knew I didn't want to talk, so neither did he. He always had a way of knowing what I feel, like this type of connection that I can't even explain. I walked downstairs with him, over hearing that the funeral was in 2 days. I didn't even put my input in, but I wanted to sing there, no matter what, because Cathy only really knew about my signing talents.

1 comment: