Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chapter 1-Neighbors First

    Me and Austin go way back, practically since we were babies. We would always race, party with a sprinkler, and just do what little kids do. Ever since kindergarten, we've had each others back: in school, at the park, or just anywhere. A boy would pick on me, Austin would be there to call him out. A girl would annoy Austin, I'd be there to tell her to leave. We fought each others battles, just like best friends do.
    But, the friendship started to change in sixth grade, when Austin got cute. He'd always have girls following him around, texting him, flirting, and were always trying to get his attention. With all that, he barely had anytime for me. We started drifting apart, until, one day i found myself crying because I had completely lost my best friend. But of course, Austin loved all the attention and didn't notice a thing. There came a point when I was be practicing some basketball outside, and he didn't even notice. The wrong thing about that is he always noticed. He'd usually come running out, take the ball from me and shoot, then I'd take it back and we'd play one on one. Then he stopped; forever.
   What was even worse is when he put YouTube videos up. He got cocky at school, and even more girls loved him. I would pass him in the hall, and he didn't take one look at me. It was like I wasn't good enough because I wasn't falling all over him. That was until the day Austin decided to be home schooled. I heard that he couldn't take the popularity anymore because it got out of handle. When i heard this, I was happy, and sad. The reason I was happy is that maybe he'd get time for me now, but i was sad because he didn't mention one word to me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment