Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chapter 2- Don't close the curtains on me, not this time.

When Austin and me were best friends, he'd always walk with me on and off the bus. When one of us was sick, we'd wait for each other on the sidewalk, waiting to tell each others' stories. The first day Austin was home schooled, I was off of school. I wanted to be outside so that maybe Austin would notice me. So i grabbed a basketball and headed out on the street where the hoop was. I looked into his window, and there he was staring at me. Knowing he was looking, I got a feeling in my stomach that I couldn't explain. It almost felt like I was in love or something. But then i thought to myself, why would I be in love with a guy who totally forgot about me? but we know so much about each other, and it would make sense if i had some sort of feelings for him. I sat there wrestling with my conscience, not knowing what I should feel. I decided to shake it off with some basketball. Showing my best moves off, so that it made me look like I was ok, would do the trick. I was going for a lay-up, and i fell, face flat, scraping practically all my legs and arms. I lay there, determining whether i should get up or call for help. Soon enough, I sat up to see Austin with a wet towel and bandages, rushing to me. I didn't know whether to act embarrassed or hurt, so i just sat there, waiting for Austin to talk.
     "Oww... Are you ok?" Austin said while putting the wet towel on my arm.
        Jokingly I said, "Yeah, sure, just alot of scrapes and blood. I'll walk it off."
     "Well have no fear! Dr. Mahone is here!"
I couldn't help but laugh, the tone of voice he used was just unbearable not to laugh at. Then I thought whether if I should act mad or just keep the conversation going. I couldn't make up my mind so I let Austin finish helping me and see where the conversation went.
    "Aight, we'll your all done." Austin said
    "Thanks for helping me.." I said
    "No prob., it's the least I can do."
    "What do you mean by that?"
    "Well... I realized that I was a jerk. I saw you crying that one day... I felt really bad for not saying anything, mostly because I knew it was about me... I'm sorry Allie. I miss those toddler times, but I don't know if this apologie will make up for it. But do you wanna pick up where we left off?"
I couldn't believe what he was saying. Those words were what I wanted to hear for a long time. It was actually really sweet, which made me like him even more.
   "Be ready to be crushed because this boss is taking you down." I said.
Soon enough, Austin and I were playing; just like old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment